Quartz Tube & Rod
Quartz tube products are engineered to optimize performance or economy for specific applications. Our quartz tubes are available in clear fused quartz glass, Titanium-doped, Cerium-doped quartz glass, as well as synthetic fused silica.
F&D carries a wide range of sizes to cover applications such as general lighting, laser flash lamps, digital projection, semiconductor (lithography/cleaning), UV disinfection, and UV curing. Materials are available as standard stock items or custom fabrication with precision accuracy.
In addition to lamp applications, F&D can provide you with precision glass tube and glass rod for medical, electronic, and optical communications, as well as scientific applications. Whether your application demands high performance or economy, we have a material choice for you.
Special properties of Quartz Glass:
- Extreme wide spectral transmission range from deep UV to middle IR (wider than all other glasses).
- Extreme high optical transmission and low optical absorption.
- Low variation and disturbance of the refractive index in one solid piece and optical homogeneity from one melt to the next (reproducibility).
- High resistance to high intensity laser radiation, which also applies to the UV spectral range (e.g. excimer laser).
- High application temperature 1200 degrees C— almost four times higher than ordinary glass.
- Low thermal expansion coefficient resulting in an extremely high temperature shock resistance allowing rapid heating & cooling.